Results of 2010 Election for Board of Directors
August 30, 2010 - The BSD Certification Group (BSDCG) is pleased to announce the results of the recent election period.
The nominees for the open one-year positions on the BSDCG Board of Directors were as follows:
- Jim Brown
- Michael Dexter
- Dru Lavigne
- Phil Nelson
At the BSDCert BoD meeting of Tuesday, August 24th, the Board decided to enlarge the BoD from the current five members to seven. No objections to any of the nominees were raised during the general membership open discussion period. Under the circumstances, the election period was deemed unnecessary.
As of August 30, 2010, the members and expiry dates for the BSDCG Board of Directors are as follows:
- Jim Brown (term expires August 30, 2011)
- Michael Dexter (term expires August 30, 2011)
- Dru Lavigne (term expires August 30, 2011)
- Phil Nelson (term expires August 30, 2011)
- Matt Olander (term expires June 1, 2012)
- Jeremy C. Reed (term expires June 1, 2012)
- George Rosamond (term expires June 1, 2012)
More information about the duties of the Board and the election process can be found in the BSDCG bylaws.
About the BSD Certification Group
The BSD Certification Group (BSDCG) is a non-profit organization committed to creating and maintaining a global certification standard for system administration on BSD based operating systems. The BSDCG works with the BSD and sysadmin communities in order to provide a practical and relevant certification.